Friday, 2 May 2008
Witching Hour
Muggle myth has it that the hour commencing at midnight is the "witching hour" when Witches and all manner of magical creatures such as goblins, fairies, and pixies are about. How fitting then that this should be the EST time at which the sign up form for new students to join HSKS5 was launched. Of course for me over in the UK it has meant rising before 5am to have my magical portal booted up in time to be early in the queue and so hopefully get into my first choice house (Ravenclaw) to be with my dear twin sister Emma Wigworthy. It has brought back fond memories of our childhood together, rising early to do last minute homework and revision for OWLs, snuggled under our bed-covers with torchlight to read and write by.
Of course I am not truly a "new student" being an alumni of our world renowned insititution Hogwarts, but I am new to HSKS which I am very excited about. I now have a little witch and wizard of my own, who are impatient for the years to roll by until they too are hurling themselves through the portal to platform 9.75 (not worked out fractions in Blogger yet!) for the Hogwarts Express. They are fast asleep in bed at present, not yet needing to rise early with OWLs stress, but soon the morning rush will begin to get them fed, cleaned, dressed, packed for primary school, etc. Must dash...!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment