Sunday, 11 May 2008
Owl News
Our family owl Specky flew in yesterday with a message containing details of my Spoiler and Spoilee. I was so anxious to open it, that poor Specky's feathers ended up all over my bed, so I swiftly whipped out a needle and thread in order to add these much needed additions to our pillow stuffing.
This calming activity gave me time to start thinking about what I could include in the package for my Spoilee, Lily Finnegan of Hufflepuff. It will of course have to be very special, as anyone who bears the name of Harry Potter's heroic mother must be wonderful. I have a few good ideas for contents, but have not yet been inspired by a bag design, and so will have to do some more research on that front.
I am deeply honoured to be have royalty as my benefactor - Queen Frysia of Slytherin has undertaken to shower me with gifts from her treasury. I am quite awed by this, as although Mr Wychwood fondly refers to me as his Queen, there is not actually any royalty in our lineage, and my closest ever encounter with blue blood was as a child when I sang in a choir at a Silver Jubilee celebration held for our dear Queen Elizabeth (my namesake).
It is getting late, and I still have to pack the children's satchels for tomorrow. Must dash...!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Very glad to make your acquaintance! I am very much looking forward to shopping for you!
LOL You made me laugh about the feathers! I look forward to reading about your adventures at Hogwarts.
How resourceful of you to add your owl's feathers to your pillow! And with a needle and thread too, not even a wand! I can't wait to read about the rest of your Hogwarts adventures!
And I absolutely love your avatar! She looks much friendlier than mine. Hmmm...I wonder if that is why you are getting more comments than I am? I will have to see about dressing him in a silly hat or something...
I'm just wandering around the dorms saying hello to all the other Gryffindors. Belladonna Boomslang, at your service..
Post a Comment