Saturday, 17 May 2008
Class of '83
My dear sister Emma Wigworthy called me at Gringotts on Wednesday with some very exciting news - we were invited to a Class of '83 reunion that very night. Whilst wonderful tidings, it clashed with a long-standing date with Mr Wychwood, who only agreed to my going at such short notice when I promised him unfettered access to my person at a time of his choosing.
Having got my exeat, Emma and I caught the Knight Bus, as we didn't think we would be in a fit state to control broomsticks at the end of the evening. The reunion was a splendid occasion, held in the Hog's Head so as to be close to the place of our many adventures whilst at school together. There was a good turnout from our fellow alumnii, who were all in jolly spirits, helped along by the scrummy butterbeer.
There was much reminiscing about our school-days together, most of which had us roaring with laughter. We remembered the fun we had mimicking the Muggle world - a few of us naughty witches had enjoyed playing Charlie's Angels in the Forbidden Forest, and yours truly was always cast as Bosley!
The evening ended all too soon, with parting hugs, and promises to meet up again in another 5 years. And talking of promises, I do believe Mr Wychwood is preparing to call in my pledge to him this very night - must dash...!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How fun! Reunions are great, aren't they? I'm class of '79, Royal Academy. They taught me how to be Queenly there. Dated a Duke, but it just didn't work out.
Meant to add, he was very handsome in school. Last reunion, he was bald and very obese. Very glad it didn't work out! :)
I'm still stuck on the unfettered access to your person...next thing you know there will be a new witch or witches in the family
Post a Comment