Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Monday, 6 October 2008

Hogsmeade Visit

I had a wonderful trip down memory lane this weekend, having been asked by Mistress Wartbobble to hang around in Hogsmeade making sure that the inevitable high spirits of the students didn't boil over into a rumpus that would cause problems for the school. I of course took the opportunity to enjoy a cup of English breakfast tea at Madam Puddifoot's, served in her best china of course rather than the pottery mugs she uses for the visiting students. Everyone was on their best behaviour whilst I was there... I had to smile to myself with fond memories of the first stirrings of love that Mr Wychwood and I shared there over our loving cups during our own student days. Happily I was not embarassed by any similar exchanges between our students, although there was a first year Hufflepuff boy who must have been slipped a love potion, he was enthralled by every move made by Rowena Bladvak, 2nd year Ravenclaw. There was a group of giggling Slytherin girls in Gladrags, trying out various outfits. It was this very shop in which I purchased my gown for the Yule Ball, at which Mr Wychwood and I shared our first kiss. It was a perfectly delicious gown, in shot satin, which shimmered between green, blue and purple depending on the angle of viewing. Mr Wychwood particularly appreciated the plunging neckline! I popped into Scrivenshafts and picked up my favourite peacock feather quills, a luxury that was beyond me when I was a student, having then to settle for the common Mallard feather quills, which inevitably led to blotches in my essays, much like I now see from our poorer students in their Arithmancy extra assignments work. Zonko's was a popular place this year, with many of the students preparing for Mischief Night. I saw a 2nd year Gyrffindor purchasing a Nose-Biting Teacup, and so must remember to check my evening cuppa before raising it to my lips. In my day it was Flying Saucers that were popular, I shall never forget the look on Professor Umbridge's face when her favourite drink literally leapt out of her hands - of course it was Fred and George Weasley that set that one up! Well, now that I have shared this trip down memory lane with you, I really should help Mr Wychwood get our dear little ones to bed. My little witch loves me to make up bed-time stories for her, especially when they involve trips back in time to lark about with me when I was her age! Must dash...!!!

2 comments:

Charlotte kaae said...

Ohh how lovley going down memorylane to that wery first kiss... :)

Sorry that I dident pop in on you and Emma the two of you were sitting there drinking tea, I ment to pop in, but got distracted by some yarns.

CentyB said...

I enjoyed your journey down memory lane - thanks for sharing your reminiscing with us.

ps: I believe it could have been a first year Hufflepuff you saw buying the nose-biting teacups (that troll Rufus Hufindor).