Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Hagrid is my Hero!

An owl flew into Wychwood Manor this morning, heavily laden with a package from Celeena Cree.  Despite being a Slytherin, Celeena is a most generous and gentle witch, and so I opened the package with excited anticipation of what I might find inside.  I was thrilled to find a Hagrid themed kit inside, packed with wonderful handmade goodness and knitterly gifts.

I was a little nervous when I found Aragog inside the package...


And then another of Hagrid's friends, Norbert...


Celeena had also stitched a wonderful portrait of Hagrid with a quote of his that I love and shall embrace as a personal affirmation now...

She also enclosed a pen with prints of Fang's paws, a little elephant notepad (because Hagrid loves all creatures), and some of Hagrid's famous jaw-locking treacle toffee...


I love the little umbrella stitch-markers that she sent - so Hagrid, as well as the sock-shaped needle protectors in my favourite colour...


These are obviously intended for use when I knit up the Hagrid Illusion Shawl pattern that she sent, with yarn in Gryffindor colours, and the needles to make it with...


Celeena also included a packet of my all time favourite sweets - blackcurrant liquorice - YUM!!!

So feast your eyes on the fullness of my fabulous kit, they are no doubt green with envy, and understandably so...


Thank you Cleo - I love Hagrid, and this kit is so full of him, it is perfect! You truly are a wonderful witch, and I am so happy that you were my spoiler!  {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

2 comments:

Hermione Bagnold said...

It is truly a fantastic kit! She did very well with the Hagrid theme!!! And the umbrella stitch markers are so cute! I love it!!!

Sarah said...

What a great kit--it's so creative! Norbert is super cute.