Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Saturday, 17 July 2010

All About Me!

I'm at Hogwarts summer camp presently, enjoying some fun weeks with my friends in Shell Cottage.  Our wonderful camp counsellor Clara Clovenhoof has suggested we post some stuff to help our fellow campers to get to know us a little better, so here goes...

Knit or crochet or both? 
I mostly knit, but can crochet too.

Brands you would like to try but don't have easy access to? 
Knitpicks - they don't mail to UK.

Favorite fibers/least favorite fibers? 
Love soft wool, silk, bamboo, natural fibres.  
Not keen on acrylic/polyester or arty yarns like boucle's, eyelash, pom-pom, etc.

Favorite colors/least favorite colors?
Love blues, purples, greens and variations of these like lavender, turquoise, etc.
Not keen on mustard, grey, orange, brown.

Yarn weight preferences?
Love lace, sock, sport, worsted.
Not keen on bulky.


Favorite projects?
Small ones like bags, socks, hats.

Favorite gadgets?
Thread cutter pendant, chart minder, needle clasp

Favorite designers?
Apart from my dear sister, I love Woolly Wormhead and Cookie A
 
Salty or Sweet or...?
Sweet, particularly sour candy

Tea or Coffee or...?
Love hot choc, and redbush tea

Allergies?
Nickel costume jewellery (even studs in jeans give me a rash)

Other things you like?
Beads, buttons, shawl pins, brooches

Currently Craving?
Project bags, notion pouch, Knitpicks harmony straights

Where you might have wish lists (Loopy Ewe, Amazon, Etsy)
Amazon and Etsy (see sidebar)

Measurements (feet for socks, wrists, head circumference)
8.5" toe to heel, 9" around foot, 11.75" around ball of foot.  6" wrist. 21" head circumference.

Whatever else you'd like to share!
I love all things Harry Potter - so any Potter themed items will be very welcome. 

And now I have done that I have to sew pleats into a saree that I am wearing to an Indian wedding tomorrow - so excited!  Must dash!!!...

No comments: