Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Friday, 11 June 2010

Olive's Kit

I am so happy that Specky arrived safely at Olive's with the package I had compiled for her, and absolutely delighted that she liked it so much.  Apparently Mr Bumblebirch also liked it - he has been playing with the finger puppet I sent, and has pleaded with Olive to knit up some more diaper covers like the one I sent!

Olive took some great pictures of the package I sent, which you can see in her very generous account of it all in her magical journal.  I especially like this picture she took of the SPEW jacket I made for her first baby who is expected in August. 


I really liked the idea of making some buttons like the badges Hermione had made whilst at Hogwarts, especially as it is a slang word describing one of the things that babies frequently do!  I made them with Shrinky Dinks and button hanks glued onto their backs.

In other news, my little wizard is going camping tomorrow with his cousins the Wigworthy boys, and I have to get on with packing up some stuff for him to take, so I must dash!!!

No comments: