Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Sunday, 9 May 2010

Potions Homework

Despite being on holiday in Florida, I thought I had better not slip behind with my lessons, and so I have had a go at the Potions homework which was set for this week. I'm using a cork as my marker, from a bottle of champagne that Mr Wychwood and I were given on our 25th anniversary.

Part 1:
Go around your house, outdoors, for a hike, or wherever and take pictures of 5 different plants, herbs, or flowers that might be used in potions. Make sure to remember your originality marker for these. Also, include the names of these (if you don't know their name feel free to make one up) and the description of potential use(s) for each.

1. This is Wormwood, it is used in the Draught of Living Death.

2. This is Lovage, it is used in Confusing and Befuddlement Draughts because it inflames the brain.

3. This is Wolfsbane, which is used in Wofsbane Potion to prevent dementia in Werewolves.

4. This is Bubotuber, it's pus is used to treat acne.

5. This is Sneezewort, it's powdered leaves are used to cause sneezing (presumably in joke products).

Part 2:
Answer the following potions questions:

1. Sneezewort, scurvy grass, and lovage are used to make what? Confusing Draught

2. Porcupine quills are to be added when to a Boil Cure Potion? After it is removed from the fire

3. What potion, if brewed correctly, should change color numerous times throughout brewing including deep purple, lilac, and finishing clear? The Draught of Living Death

4. This ingredient in the Draught of Peace, would likely bring you permanent peace since it is poisonous, what is it? Hellebore

5. Chopped daisy roots, skinned shrivel-fig, sliced caterpillar, one rat spleen, dash of leech juice are all  ingredients to what? Shrinking Solution.


Part 3:
Take a picture of and list the ingredients and/or instructions to make one of your favorite potions that you have created.

This is a Bucks Fizz potion.  It is made with Orange Juice and Champagne.  I generally half-fill a glass with orange juice, and then fill to the top with champagne.


So that's it for my homework, and now I really should drink the Bucks Fizz before it goes flat, must dash!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.