Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Saturday, 7 November 2009

Winnie's Travels Continue...

We got another letter from Winnie this week, full of mysterious clues about her latest travels.  She has headed to the southern hemisphere, and visited 3 places in total over the course of the week. 

First she went to "a capital city that was built On a lake, but the lake has since disappeared. Many ghosts meet in the ancient temples and all over the town."  This is clearly Mexico City, which was built on an island in Lake Texcoco which was drained in the 17th century.

Second she landed in a city where many kites are built & flown. Very windy place that! The city has old game courts which would have been useful for local Quidditch playoffs.  Well I think this might be Chicago, known as the Windy City, and I have found these examples of kites made in Chicago.   I haven't found reference to any old game courts though, so I could be wrong.

Third she visited a beautiful Northeastern coastal city that is known for its annual multicultural carnival. Ravenclaws would have loved the pink library! The town is smaller than a nearby large city and is very relaxing. There are so many historic places to visit. I think this may be Boston, which has a public library built with pink granite. 

I wonder where she will head to next.  I wish I could spare the time for all these travels, and the energy, I really do need more exercise!  Anyway, I must fly... accio broom!!!

No comments: