Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Saturday, 28 November 2009

Busy Week

I don't feel like my feet have touched the ground all week.  I've had a couple of trips on Gringotts business, one to a director's meeting in London.  I went via train of course to Kings Cross Station, and had to run back to the station after the meeting to ensure I caught the train back - broomsticks and apparation are too risky with so many Muggles around.  The trip back was rather fun, I dined in the restaurant coach with a colleague, and knocked over a glass of red wine - it was a Muggle train so we had to endure the rest of the journey with an obvious red stain on the tablecloth - very embarassing.

My other trip was to Leeds for a seminar to learn all about the latest rules on financial presentation in the Gringotts annual report, as they are shortly to embrace international wizard financial standards, to bring us into line with worldwide wizarding financial institutions.  Would you believe I had forgotton all about this seminar?  I turned up at work in Gringott's local office, and it was only when my colleagues asked if the seminar had been cancelled that I realised!  In the end, I was over an hour late for the start, but managed to sneak in unnoticed because it was a coffee break when I got there!

It's been such a busy week that I haven't had chance to get in any more Quidditch practice, for which I will now make amends - must fly!  Accio Broom!!!

No comments: