Our HSKS Quidditch teams are all telling the world about things we are thankful for this week. It has made me feel so good reading what everyone is putting down, and here for your reading pleasure are mine:
My family is number one - my Mum and Dad are so laid back, always happy to see us but never nagging us to visit, and I'm extra thankful that my Dad is doing okay since the recent scare over his heart. My sister Emma Wigworthy is the most wonderful sister anyone could have, she introduced me to the world of HSKS and Ravelry, which has brought me so much pleasure. My dear husband Mr Wychwood is the most special wizard in the world, supportive, strong, helpful, great with the kids, and so much fun. And my children of course give me joy every day - the sweetest little witch who has a heart of gold, and the cutest little wizard who is full of adventure.
Next on my list are my friends - including all the people I have met through HSKS and Ravelry. My most special friend is one I rarely see now, and am infrequently in contact with, but it always feels so easy whenever we do speak - we just get talking and laughing together. Sadly my best friend from school died aged 22, and I have lived twice that now, I still think of her, and that leads me to my next thing...
I am thankful for my health - to have a mostly pain-free life, only marred by the odd infection that is doing the rounds. I am so admiring of all the people who endure daily pain and suffering, including my own dear sister Emma - I do hope her knee surgery is successful.
I am also thankful for my home, it may not be elegant, but I am so comfortable here, and when I think of all the poor homeless people in the developing world, I count my blessings, and stop griping about the unfinished DIY jobs, old carpets, childrens toys lying around, and so on.
Another thing I am thankful for is literature - it is wonderful to immerse myself in the world of Harry Potter, Middle-Earth, Discworld, Narnia, Austen's novels, and so many more. And they have inspired so many wonderful things, many of which I have enjoyed in Ravelry swaps.
And then of course there is crafting - knitting, crochet, spinning, sewing, cross-stitch, beadwork, papercrafts, and so on. I have turned my hand to many different crafts over the course of the years, and have many beautiful things in my home as a result, along with the gorgeous painted gifts from my sister.
Well, I think that is enough for you to get a feel of what makes me feel good in life. If only I was a little slimmer and fitter and more willing to do what it takes to achieve that. I definitely need to do more exercise, speaking of which I must fly - accio broom!!!
Saturday, 21 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment