This witch is certainly getting around. We've had another postcard from her this week, with a picture of Pyramids on the front - a sure sign that she has been visiting the Middle East.
Firstly she went to "a very fashionable city to seek out a friend who used to run his own club at Hogwarts. I found him in the magical library that was shaped like giant books. Thankfully, I had stocked up on crystallized pineapple during the South America trip." I'm pretty certain that this is Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, and that she was there to meet Horace Slughorn, who ran the Slug Club for his selected group of students - he loved crystallised pineapple! This city is amazing, it has so many wonderful buildings, to which the Book Shaped Public Library is a great addition...
Then she went to "a place that had pyramids of a different kind than those in South America. I had to visit a friend who is an author and beastly anthropologist. I'm really and truly hoping that his experiences can help me on my mission. The one thing that I did not like about my last stop?? There was sand EVERYWHERE!" This has to be the Pyramids at Giza near Cairo in Egypt. She is following in the Weasley's footsteps with this visit - they had a family holiday in Egypt when Bill was working there as a Curse-breaker for Gringotts. I wonder if that could be connected to her mission somehow? Hmmm.
Anyway, I feel the urge to make a little trip myself now, must fly...Accio Broom!
Friday, 13 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment