I'm so made up because my pre-season broom practice has paid off - I've been selected for the Appleby Arrows team! I must tell you that the tryouts were a nerve-racking experience, but both Emma and I made it in. I think it is partly due to our experience in shuntbumping - we were joint Northern England champions for several years running in our prime.
You may have noticed that my excitement has spilled over onto my virtual pitch in a change of colour scheme, along with some new portkeys which will take you to the HSKS9 Quidditch arena, and the Appleby Arrows locker room. Plus I've updated my wishlist in case I attract a stalker now that I am a member of the elite Appleby Arrows quidditch team. Here's a few other pointers:
Favourite Colours: I love the Appleby Arrows colours of Blue and Silver. I also love Purple, Turquoise, Green and Pink.
Favourite Scents: At this time of year I love Sandalwood and Christmas aromas.
Favourite Yarn Brands: Knit Picks (won't deliver to the UK), Knitting Goddess, and British brands like Rowan, and King Cole, or Cygnet.
Favourite Yarn Types: I love natural fibres, especially wool and silk. I'm not keen on acrylic/polyester/rayon except to to strengthen sock wool. I prefer solids and semi solids to show off stitch patterns and designs.
Favourite Snacks: Blackcurrant liquorice, sherbet lemons, cheesy doritos, and I loved the Sour Apple Witch's Potion from Pelican Bay that I got in my HLBOES package!
Allergies: None other than housework!
Wishlists: Etsy, Amazon
Still time to get in a little more practice before the season begins - I must fly! Accio Broom!!!
Thursday, 8 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love your banner for your blog. Its awesome looking. Good luck on the quidditch pitch.
Minerva Wood, Pride of Portree
Hey Lizzie!
Good to be back and see you're still around here! Great! I hope we get to see eachother sometime in PAris..or Utrecht :-)
Enna
Post a Comment