Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Saturday, 17 October 2009

Quidditch Players of the World

What a fun assignment this week, I had to research my fellow Quidditch players to get to know them a little better.  Plus I had to find answers to this quiz...

1.Someone with the same craft as you (either those listed above or another one).
Olive Bumblebirch is a knitter like me - her RavID is Oliveknits!
I've left a comment on her gorgeous Herbology Washcloth, it uses a lovely stitch pattern that I used for a dress for my daughter's doll.

2.Someone who was born in the same month.
Emma Wigworthy - she's my twin sister!  But I figured I ought to try harder, so have established that Minerva Lovegood was also born in April.  I've left a comment on her Jaywalkers which are in fabulous colours, I'm planning to knit these myself at some point.

3.Someone from a different country.
That's easy - nearly everyone is from a different country to me!  So I've gone for one of our newbies, Ginny Lockheart (fellow Arrow), who is from Utah, USA.  I've left a comment on her Ravenclaw Sockettes, they gave me the urge to pick up my needles for another pair of socks.  I'm quashing it though, I have to get on with stuff for this swap!

4.A new HSKS Quidditch player.
Maisy Muddlestixs just joined the Wigtown Wanderers team all the way from Oz!  She's shaping up as a great player, having gone in for both the crochet and knit leagues in Shuntbumps!  I've left a comment on her Chains & Diamonds Crochet Quilt - it is beautiful, patchwork in blues and white.  I love patchwork, and have a stash of fabrics ready to make a quilt one day.

5.A player who has been in 3 or more HSKS swaps. 
Rowena Bladvak has been in several HSKS swaps - she even persuaded her husband to join in previous swaps, a very powerful witch she is!  I've left a comment on her Flight of Fancy shawl, which is stunning.  I'm knitting my first shawl in the HSKS shawl kal, which Rowena is also doing.

6.A player who has a bigger stash than you! (And if your stash is the biggest, proudly say so!)
Enna Kirts has 71 in her Ravelry stash compared to my 36!  I've left a comment on her Zitron Trekking XXL, which is in lovely pale blue colourways (very Arrows!).  I've used Trekking myself for a pair of socks (Luna's Twilight Socks), which I've been wearing all day - they are my most worn pair of home knit. 

7.A player who both knits and crochets.
My good friend Hermione Bagnold - I commented on her James' First Socks, which are just adorable, and in a lovely shade of blue, again perfect Arrows colour!  I'm missing sock knitting, it's June since I last knit a pair, and that was just in stocking stitch, I want to get my teeth into a lovely patterned pair.

8.Someone who has the same favorite color as you.
Selena Starfire has Blue, Purple, Green listed as her favourite colours.  Blue is my total favourite, and I also love purple and green.  I have left a comment on her Baby Surprise Jacket which is being knit up in a simply to die for colourway that is very reminiscent of peacocks.  This pattern is in the Knitters Almanac which I bought after attending a talk by Meg Swansen (Elizabeth Zimmerman's daughter) at UK Ravelry Day.

Now that I have completed this task, I'd better go check on Winnie's current whereabouts!  Must fly... Accio Broom!!!

No comments: