Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Saturday, 4 July 2009

Witch & Wizardly Wisecracks

I was very honoured today to receive an envelope from across the water. It came addressed from Bevin Rae Mooney no less, Assistant Camp Director for HSKS Summer Camp. I was alerted to the likely nature of the contents by the logo on the front "Witch & Wizardly Wisecracks", so I opened it expecting something wonderfully quirky, and was not disappointed! Can you believe she has sent me a set of double pointed needles made in the extremely exotic cocobolo wood! This wood has magical qualities, indeed the needles packet was charred so I suspect that Bevin had used the incendio charm whilst in proximity to the sealed envelope. The needles are size 0.75, intended for distinguished knitters like myself, and were a custom order made especially for me in Gryffindor colours. They took a little getting used to, as they are just 2.5 inches long. But being a clever witch I have mastered them quickly, and here you see them in use for a mini-sock... She also sent a lovely knitting pattern for a "Pull Mystere" which looks great. I will have to get it translated before I can get started though, as the pattern is written in French! Along with this was a very neat little swirl paperclip and a fabulous sticker from Whimsic Alley, labelling me as a member of the Order of the Phoenix. Here is a picture of all the envelope contents together... Now to announce this wonderful surprise in Ravelry, must dash...!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Omigosh the burn mark went through to the second envelope!! Sheesh! I had so much fun making the WWW that I sent three of them! Each going to a different house and with different stickers.

That pattern was so much fun to find... though you may find it a bit innacurate. ;-)

pren said...

ha! you are a clever little witchy witch! i cant believe you can actually knit with those!

Intarsia Bindoff said...

LOL .75 dpns. I'm so impressed you got 6 stitches on there!