Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Saturday, 25 April 2009

HSKS Package Arrived!

Today Megaera Black's trusty owl flew in with my package. The poor thing was exhausted having carried such a heavy package all the way from Canada to England, so I gave him some much needed treats before tearing open the package. Packed tight into it was a feast of magical and knitting goodness. Firstly the bag she had made, along with a dischcloth in the same yarn as the bag tie. The bag is a gorgeous lacy knit drawstring style, perfect size for sock projects. The dischcloth is a Hogwarts one with the characters HP for Harry Potter along with a picture of a snitch... Also enclosed was stacks of yarn from Knitpicks, which we can't buy in the UK, so I was well chuffed with this. The Swish Worsted in Fired Brick colourway came with the gorgeous "Cable That Bag" pattern by Chrissy Gardiner. There is also divine Imagination yarn in Damsel, and Gloss Lace yarn in Pinot, both from my wishlist... I was overwhelmed with knitting accessories: a zip-up case to keep everything in, Knitpicks circulars size 2.25mm, Clover darning needles, 3 packs of wool soak, and from my wishlist the Knitpicks view sizer and a set of foldable scissors... Then there were some lovely personal touches: a pocket book for noting my spells and charms, a linen mailing bag carrying instructions to feed the carrier owl on delivery, a notecard with a message from Mageara, some shrinky dinks from my wishlist, and two little handknit owls for my wee ones, who immediately fell in love with them saying "Mummy, QQ has some babies"... Here is a picture of the package contents all together: Thank you Megaera, I love it all, you have been such a wonderful spoiler! Now I have to plan projects for that yummy yarn, must dash...!!!

4 comments:

CentyB said...

What a lovely kit!! Love those little owls.

Hermione Bagnold said...

What an amazing kit! :) I'm glad you were so spoiled!

Gryffinitter said...

A marvelous package! But I can't say I'm surprised. She spoiled me in the last HSS...

Belladonna Boomslang

pren said...

holy cow! what a great package! the bag is just sooooo pretty and those little owls made me crack up when i saw them :0)