Saturday, 25 April 2009
HLBOES Package Arrived!
I have been blessed with a great package from a wonderful young witch, Isabelle Prince. Her owl flew in today with it, and after I had given the little treasure some much needed victuals, I commenced with the opening of my package.
First to meet my eyes were a set of notes from Isabelle about herself and the contents of the package, I must say that for a witch from Singapore of just 17 years she has very neat writing and excellent grammar. She is busy deciding which university to attend when she has finished school, I do hope she ends up here in the UK at one of our famous institutions.
Next to come out of the box was a delightful journal with totally blank pages so perfect for sketching project ideas, and writing notes/thoughts/to do lists. Then I lifted out a some novelty paperclips, shaped like cutlery (4 sets in all) and with a magnetic holder in the shape of a plate - I shall have to put these in a safe place to protect them from Cornish Pixies, who they are perfectly sized for!
Then out came 3 huge skeins of yummy yarn, one in a super red/orange multi colourway and 2 in pure white. I also pulled out a clover sizing gauge - my little wizard (5 years) loved this for the chinese writing on the packet as he has been studying about China at his school. He and his sister were also very happy to see some handmade sweets emerge from the box - Blackcurrant Bursts and Apple Rock, delicious!
And last of all, but the crowning glory, was the hat - in Ravenclaw film colours of course, for my house in HLBOES. An earflap hat, which I have yearned for in the cold winter months. The crown is in stocking stitch, and the contrast brim and flaps are in garter stitch. It also has braided ties as a finishing touch. A total triumph, for which Isabelle deserves a NEWT for achievement in the tricky muggle technique of knitting.
Feast your eyes on these pictures of my wonderful package...
Thank you Isabelle, you have been a simply super spoiler!
And now to advertise this post in the HLBOES thread, must dash...!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment