Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Tuesday, 7 April 2009

Birthday Surprises

I had such a wonderful birthday on Sunday. My little witch was desperate to give me my card and present, and was up at the crack of dawn to deliver them! Mr Wychwood had to send her back to bed with instructions to wait until he gave the all clear, so I did get a lovely lie-in. I dozed from that point on though, not slipping back into a deep or lasting sleep, and so got up at about 9am, but was forced back to bed by my little wizard as he and Daddy were busy cooking breakfast for me to enjoy in bed! Mr Wychwood scored major brownie points with my present - nothing less than the Royale Harmony Interchangeable Set (Gold Plated)! Emma rang to sing happy birthday, it is becoming a tradition for us to warble to each other down the phone like this on our birthday! Then we made plans to have a thoroughly indulgent day at Nostell Priory, where we met for lunch and a leisurely wander around the wonderful regency period house. My gift from Emma was fabulous, she had made me this wonderful felted needle roll... As you can see I have already transferred my DPN's and fixed circulars into it... I have been busy myself with knitting, firstly finishing off my Plimpy Tracks socks - the design makes me think of webbed feet... Then I set to with some old stash yarn to make an outfit for my little witch's baby, she has been begging me to knit some clothes for him for some time now! So he got some trousers, a jacket and matching scarf. I was quite proud of the jacket which I knit without a pattern, using a top down raglan technique... And now I really must get on with some knitting for SPEW, those poor elven babies are in need of charity. Must dash...!!!

2 comments:

CentyB said...

What a lovely day - and those socks. I'll need to make Plimpy Tracks :)

Meggie (Megaera) Black said...

Happy Belated birthday! I feel like a twit I missed it. *sigh* my head has been elsewhere I apologize and I won't blame you if you through a somewhat mind curse my way.