Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Sunday, 4 January 2009

Socks

I joined in the HSKS Hufflepuff sock-along which is still ongoing. Initially I committed myself to finishing the socks I had cast on for my dear sister Emma Wigworthy, which were to be her Christmas present. Happily I finished them on Christmas Eve and whisked them off to my friend Father Christmas in time for his overnight deliveries. Emma was delighted with the socks, and wore them for several days afterwards, indeed I believe she only took them off because her children began to complain about the whiff! Here is a picture of Emma's shapely feet modelling them... As always happens, I had a little left over yarn from the knit, which I was loathe to trash given it is simply lovely yarn which was a gift from a fellow participant in HSKS6, known on Ravelry as carmafrancie. She had sent it to me as a RAOK (random act of kindness), and so I wanted to do it full justice. What better then than to make some more socks for my little wizard? I set to on some magic loop 2 at a time toe up socks, setting off with Judy's magic cast on as the base stitches, and using a short row wrapped stitch heel. I did it this way to ensure that I would use all the wool left without having one sock longer than the other! I also used a stitch pattern from a book of dolls clothing knits that I have had for at least 25 years! Anyway, my little wizard loves them, and has worn them continuously for the past 5 days! Happily he returns to school tomorrow and so we have chance to wash them given he must wear grey socks then! Here is a picture of him in them taken yesterday - I had to pull off some of the pilling to get it as close to new as possible!... Still more news to post about, must dash...!!!

No comments: