Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Wednesday, 23 July 2008

Joyous News

Specky has been found! Just one day after I had a "Lost" notice inserted in the Daily Prophet classifieds section, he has been spotted safe and well in Sweden. It turns out that the intended recipient of the package he was carrying had gone on an extended vacation, and our naughty owl decided to have a holiday of his own rather than return home to await her return. He hadn't considered that we would worry about him, and in old age he has become fiercely independent, to the point that he resents our concern for his welfare. Nevertheless, we still love him, and the children are overjoyed that he is returning to us. I have though insisted that he use a portkey to get back rather than risk another sea crossing, so we will be seeing him again very soon. I am preparing a welcome home feast of course, and the children want to help decorate the cake now, so I must dash...!!!

No comments: