Saturday, 16 August 2008
Holidays
I have just returned from the most wonderful family camping adventure. We had a marvellous time, shared with my dear sister Emma Wigworthy's family, my mother and father, and my brother and his wife for the first week in Bewerley Park near Pateley Bridge in North Yorkshire. For the second week the Wigworthy's and Wychwood's headed for the Lake District, where we camped at Great Langdale. Our little Wizards and Witch took up the challenge of fell walking and enjoyed great success.
We were very fortunate to have our magical tent with us, and there were several muggles in awe of the exterior dimensions, but of course we did not allow any of them into the palatial interior. We will have to erect it again at home though, as it got rather wet due to unseasonal rains, and being on a a muggle campsite we did not dare use magic to dry it out for fear of arousing suspicion.
During this fortnight of fun and frivolity, my spoilee Lily Finnegan posted pictures of the kit I sent on her blog, which was a great relief as I hadn't taken any myself before sending it, and so was unable to share with you pictures of my first ever swap package. Thankfully Lily did a wonderful job with her camera, if you want to take a look, let your mouse nibble here.
Whilst away I was able to get started on my entry in the Ravelympics, in which I am participating with Team Hogwarts. I am competing in the Bag & Tote Backstroke, and am now about half way through the knitting. It is a bag for Miranda Moonstone, who is my partner in the Twilight Swap.
And now I have lots of unpacking, washing, and getting ready for return to work and school to do, must dash...!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment