Would you believe that a witch of my middle years had never heard of the wonderful charm called "magic loop"? I have to thank my dear patron Queen Frysia for revealing this amazingly useful spell to me in a sock pattern she sent within the most generous package ever (I seriously doubt that we will see a better one). I have been busy practicing since yesterday with the gorgeous yarn and circular needles that accompanied the pattern. Here is a picture of my progress so far...

The yarn is knitting up beautifully, it is Peruvian sock wool, made with 60% merino, 20% silk, 10% alpaca, and 10% nylon for strength. It is of course in the fabulous Gryffindor colours, and I am sure you will agree it looks divine. I am impatient to finish the socks and get them on my feet and feel their softness against my aging skin.
In other knitting news, I have completed another couple of hats for SPEW. One is knit with adorable pastel pink yarn which was sent to me by Miranda Moonstone in a "random act of kindness", which is a heart-warming activity taking place this term at Hogwarts. The other is knit with left over yarn from socks I knit for my little witch. Here are the pictures...

Oh joy, my needles are calling me to continue mastering magic loop with them, must dash...!!!
2 comments:
Oh, Lizzie, the magic loop socks are looking great! That yarn seems to be working up really well, huh? So glad to hear it!
Almost to the heel now, and an hours journey to an aqaurium today to get a little more done (DH is driving)!
Post a Comment