Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Saturday, 12 July 2008

School Report!

My dear little witch had her end of year school report sent home today. I am happy to say that my creativity seems to have rubbed off... "She is happiest when surrounded by glue, glitter, paint, etc". But so have some of my less laudable traits... "You must try not to hum in class, as it distracts everyone" and "Listen carefully to instructions". Best of all is "Try to think in your head instead of out loud"!

Happily I have not been asked to contribute to any of the current Hogwarts student reports re extra lessons in Arithmancy, otherwise I would be very stretched to find nice ways of saying "could do better"! Homework frequently submitted late, or even missed, atrocious hand-writing, and my pet hate - unexplained absences. I am also very sad to say that academic standards have dropped since my day, many students have even struggled with understanding the house-points system, to the extent that our dear headmistress felt it necessary to put an explanation in the Daily Prophet.

Some of the answers given in the Arithmancy OWL have had me in stitches. For example...


And...


I must say though that the character of the Hogwarts students is the best of any of the wizarding schools. They are all without fail friendly, polite, generous, and always ready to assist each other with helpful hints and persistent encouragement. In my view this more than makes up for the woeful gaps in academic achievement.

Well, I have to get on with some more exam marking so that the students can have their results before the summer break. Must dash...!!!

1 comment:

CentyB said...

X ... here it is. That is just great. :)