Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Friday, 29 October 2010

Fibre Flurry

Halloween approaches, and I do wish I was at Hogwarts for the wonderful celebrations there.  I do though have an exciting prospect this weekend, as tomorrow I shall be with my dear sister, Emma Wigworthy, at a UK event called Fibre Flurry.  We will be running a stall there to promote Emma's designs, which are under her Muggle identity of Ann Kingstone Designs.  She is taking beautifully presented kits with her to sell, which include scrumptious yarns which she has dyed herself in a range of lovely colours, with my favourite yarn being an angora and merino blend in fingering weight.  The selection we are taking includes kits of one of her early HSKS inspired designs, being Luna's Moonlight socks, a gorgeous pattern. 

My little witch and wizard are very excited about the upcoming Halloween festivities, and have had an early start tonight.  They regularly go roller-blading on Friday at the local YMCA, and today everybody had to go in costume to participate in Halloween games.  They got to practice their animagus skills for this, with my little witch attending as a Cat and my little wizard as a Werewolf. 

They are now very tired of course, and begging me to take them to bed, so I must dash...!!!

No comments: