I had a simply fantastic weekend, with the highlight being a trip to Masham Sheep Fair with my dear sister Emma Wigworthy.
The sheep were in fine fettle, here is a picture of one of the local breeds - a Teeswater...

It looks quite content, despite facing this picture of the Teeswater wool stall...

Of course, I had to spend a little time admiring the wares!
There were lots of sheep on show, with all of them entered in competitions. Here is a picture of the Jacobs class being judged...

There were other wonderful sights to see, not least of which were the splendid Shire Horses pulling a dray of Theakstons Old Peculiar!

Inspired by the marvellous creations on the local Spinners Guild stall, I was persuaded to purchase some gorgeous blue roving, which I have begun to spin on a drop spindle loaned to me by my beloved sister. It is very naughty of me to have started this, as I am not yet finished with the socks which are to go to Enna Kirts of Slytherin, who defeated me with her Expelliarmus spell which arrived on Saturday...

And so, I really should get on with some knitting... must dash!!!
3 comments:
Looks like the Sheep Fair was delightful. Sorry to hear of your early demise in duelling. Lucky you for the pair of socks though :)
Sorry to hear that you are out of the duel.
This Cheep fair looks so cozzy.
Hi Lizzie,
(Please excuse the lack of verse)
This fair looks like it was lost of fun - I love those fairs, and always buy tons of roving! My last splurge was some Alpaca at the London I knit day last month. But it seems i have a little more self-discipline (or should that be elf-discipline?), as it's still lying in a bag under my coffee table.
Eugene.
Post a Comment