Friday, 27 June 2008
Time Flies
Where does the time go? There must be some magical answer to this
question, given that we have time turners, and so are able to extend
time. It’s just that I’ve lost mine, and so I have had to juggle the
hours in the muggle way this week, and so time seems to have simply
flown by.
I have of course been very busy pulling together a package for Lily
Finnegan of Hufflepuff, and will hopefully be sending Specky on his way
with it early next week. I am having to make sure the package isn’t too
heavy for our faithful but aging owl. He should really have retired
from active owl duty by now, but whenever we tentatively visit a nice
retirement owlery with him, he expresses his disgust in the usual
fashion (it’s a good job we have our brooms with us!).
I had to make time to join in the bonus snitch hunt on the same night as my date with Mr Wychwood. It was such a fantastic night, with the snitch triumphantly found by our wonderful Headgirl, Millicent Brocklehurst. We are very grateful to Madame Pomfrey for attending to Centy during her recovery from surgery, and helping her to feel well enough to sit on a broomstick. It was very brave of dear Centy to play really, but she was determined to see us improve our house points, and so overcame her pain and discomfort to play seeker in the most exciting match of the year so far.
I have also been knitting some socks for my little witch, who has
complained that the wool socks I last knitted her are “itchy”. I
therefore purchased some beautiful man-made yarn, which horrified my
sister Emma Wigworthy, who is a self-confessed “yarn snob” and will only
permit a small amount of unnatural fibres in her own projects. The
yarn I have is knitting up beautifully though, and so I have decided to
embrace modernity in my knitting, with my only concession to tradition
being the use of wooden double pointed needles (magic wands should be
made from wood after all!)
Time has flown by yet again whilst I have been writing this, and I have
to pack up for the family as we are visiting Grandma this weekend, I’m
sure she will love to see the socks I am knitting her dear
grand-daughter. Must dash...!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment