Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Sunday, 1 June 2008

Meme

The inquisitive Belladonna Boomslang tagged me with this Meme, and I have been itching to make the time to respond with the care it deserves, and now at last I am back in my own home and able to spend time at my magical portal. 1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Would you believe I was working for a muggle firm of yarn spinners and weavers? Their products were James Shires Yarns and Saddleworth Woollens, and the spinning and weaving sheds were located in the wonderfully pituresque village of Delph, also famous for being the base for one of the Saddleworth brass band contests. The sheds are now in use by Mallelieu's of Delph who bought out Shires shortly after I left. 2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today? Sort through my stash to find yarn for S.P.E.W. projects. Decide which pattern to knit up for S.P.E.W. and cast on. Buy parchment for the handmade journal for my spoilee. Take a peek at www.getknitted.com to find needles for my spoilee. Take photos of the latest socks knitted for my little witch to publish on Ravelry. 3. Snacks I enjoy... Butter popcorn Walkers cheese and onion crisps (chips to you Americans!) Dime bars (yummy butterscotch toffee covered in milk chocolate) Blackcurrant liquourice boiled sweets Sherbet lemon boiled sweets 4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire... Buy a country manor house Take a round the world trip Lift some Africans out of poverty Give my parents a home makeover (they don't want to move!) 5. Places I've lived.. Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, UK Gutersloh, Nord-Rhein Westfalien, Germany Scampton, Lincolnshire, UK Flintham, Nottinghamshire, UK Brighouse, West Yorkshire, UK 6. Jobs I've had... Baby-sitter Cleaner Cashier Accountant Daughter Sister Wife Mother 7. Peeps I want to know more about... I have enjoyed the posts of the following on HSKS and Ravelry, and invite you to respond to this Meme if you care to: Lily Finnegan Queen Frysia Lavender Durmstrang who I see has posted a Meme already Avada AbraxamCatriona Lestrange Calliope Smythwyck Now, I really must get on with my S.P.E.W. projects, must dash...!!!

5 comments:

Gryffinitter said...

Thanks you for bothering to fill this in! You actually worked for a Muggle Yarn Manufacturer! That is SOOO cool....

Queen Frysia said...

Lizzie, I will post one of these on the weekend, when I have a little more time! It's a great idea!

Quinn said...

LOVE 2e! Ask your sister, I'm a fan of photos ;)
Lol @ 4c & 4d.
What are "Blackcurrant liquourice boiled sweets" ? Like, Twizzlers dipped in Ribena?

Lizzie Wychwood said...

Blackcurrant liquorice are hard boiled blackcurrant flavour sweets with a soft liquorice centre, totally more-ish.

Alison said...

Hey Lizzie: I will post a meme in a day or two. I love your blog.