Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Friday, 6 June 2008

Patronus

Apparently Professor Lufkin has suggested that Hogwarts students are not proficient in conjuring their patronuses. Now whilst DADA is not really my field of specialism (I offer extra tuition for Arithmancy), I did feel that I could give a little guidance to students who are too shy to approach the handsome Professor for assistance.

A good place to practice conjuring your patronus is on a farm, so that you may be inspired by the number of different creatures there. My own patronus is an owl, so it will now come as no surprise to you that my preferred practice arena was a disused barn in which lived a splendid barn owl. Here is a picture of the inspiring fellow who helped me to master this particular hex.



Unfortunately our beloved family owl, Specky, has just now got rather worked up about my having affection for any owl other than himself, and has expressed his disgust by leaving a "gift" on the shoulder of my best jacket, which I will have to clean up before the noxious chemicals permanently stain it. Must dash...!!!

2 comments:

Queen Frysia said...

What a beautiful owl! True story, I pulled into the driveway the other night and noticed something perched atop a shepherd's hook I have in the garden. It was the biggest owl I've ever seen. I pulled into the garage, but left the door open as not to scare it away. King Jeffery went into the house to get the camera, but the owl flew off before he could get back out. Was that you, spying on me to see if you could get a peek at your package?

Lizzie Wychwood said...

Not me! I may be a strong witch, but getting my patronus all the way across the deep blue would surely challenge the most powerful of Auror's.