Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Thursday, 2 December 2010

Horcrux Kit Received!!!

I am so spoiled!!!  Firstly to been at home when a tired and cold owl flew in from the freezing snow outside - I would normally be at work, but my little witch and wizard were unable to go to their Hogwarts prep school today because of the weather.  Secondly, to have been spoiled by the awesomely generous Amethyst Aurag.  And thirdly, to have received the most amazing Harry Potter horcrux kit.

The box came packed with a beautifully written letter from Amethyst, which had been secured with her gold wax seal...


And all the package contents were cleverly wrapped in gorgeous knit cable patterned wrapping paper in Hogwarts House colours, and labeled as someone/something that was significant in Harry's life, attached with Amethyst's seal...


So, what was inside these inviting parcels?  My lovely little witch helped me to unwrap it all, and joined me in squealing over all the contents, which were very abundant! 

There was a lovely crocheted project bag, in Ravenclaw house colours for Cho Chang. The workmanship in this is beautiful. There was the Charmed Knits book for Hermione Granger who knit so many things for the House Elves.  Plus some wonderful Silk Alpaca yarn to knit the Invisibility Shawl, And a Bat pattern for Ginny Weasley, because of her expert Bat Bogey Hex.  And Quidditch stitchmarkers, because Harry loved this at Hogwarts - they are in house colours, and spell: bludger, quaffle, snitch, seeker, quidditch.  For Snape I got packets and packets of Tinting Potion aka Koolaid.  And I got some Magic Wands, aka crochet hooks, for all the magical things I can make with them.  Here's a pic of all this lot...

I also got some wonderful crafty items to share with the children - a lion puzzle for Gryffindor House, Harry's first real family, a wooden Basilisk puzzle, and a wooden Aragog puzzle.  I love the leopard skin pencils and notebook for Hagrid to make notes about raising magical creatures!  For Luna there is a quirky pencil case with fairies and owls in lovely colours - very out there like Luna is!  For Ron there is a chess set, and for Harry a fabulous bookmark....


I'm still not finished with the abundance of this package.  There were lots of goodies, which included a sealed sachet of chinese tea for a Healing Potion amongst the Snape packets.  For Dumbledore I got Gobstoppers, Whoppers, and Sour Worms, all for his sweet tooth.  And for Draco there was an apple flavoured green snake, because of his Slytherin affiliation...


On top of all this, I got some U-No-Poo for Fred and George - I was thrilled to see that this is a "Wizarding World of Harry Potter" product, which is a theme park that the Muggles love!  I too would love to go there!  I got a lovely little Hedwig model, and a Lego Dobby keychain.  Plus a glitterball for Neville, as it looks like his Remembrall.

I think that's everything - there is so much of it that I can't be sure, so here's a pic of everything together - if you spot something I haven't mentioned above, please let me know so that I can put it right!


So there you have it - my totally awesome, wonderful, amazing, generous, ingenious, splendid Harry Potter Horcrux kit from Amethyst!!!  I am blown away by the abundance of it, and the cleverness of it all.  Thank you Amethyst - I love it all!
And now the kids are begging for help with those puzzles, so I must dash!!!

1 comment:

jhottiescottie said...

OMG, that is one amazing swap package you recieved!