Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Tuesday, 30 March 2010

My Heroes!

The first assignment for this term is to write about my top 3 wizarding world heroes.  So without further ado...

Molly Weasley is my number one heroine.  I love that she is tough and soft all at the same time.  I identify with her in so many ways...  She is fiercely protective of her family, just as I am - my family comes first, and I would defend them to the death if I had to.  She has a higgledy piggledy home full of love - you should check out my place, I keep meaning to de-clutter, but am too busy enjoying time with my children or chatting with friends on the floo network!  Her children bunk up together to make way for guests - a regular occurrence in my home when the Wigworthy's visit.  She is a little frumpy and not at all glamourous, sadly too true of me!  And her family is quite poor, but even so she is generous with the little they do have.

Rubeus Hagrid is next on my list.  I love him for his simplicity, there is nothing subtle or hidden about him - he wears his heart on his sleeve.  He is unswervingly loyal to Dumbledore, to whom he is so touchingly grateful for his gamekeeper post at Hogwarts. He adores Harry, Hermione and Ron, and I love that he can't keep secrets from them.  He is very gentle and un prejudiced, readily caring for any creature no matter how offensive or dangerous.  He is so open with his emotions, readily shedding tears over ill/dying animals.  And he is always ready to give a hug to someone who needs it, I would love to be on the receiving end of one!

Luna is my other choice.  I love her quirky ways, that she doesn't try to fit in with the norm, and is quite happy being a misfit.  I like that she lives in a magical world of her own, which she fervently believes in, and does her best to warn others of the dangers and pitfalls that she is convinced of, even though her peers give her the cold shoulder.  She is a wonderful example of how to honour your father, diligently marketing the Quibbler and preaching the stuff he writes about in it.

Now I really should get on with planning an exceptional package for Olive Bumblebirch, must dash!!!

No comments: