Monday, 15 June 2009
Summer Camp
Something very strange has happened, and I think it must be something to do with the anti-aging potion I have been using. I find myself to be a teenage girl again, with a group of complete strangers at a wizarding summer camp. It is a lovely place, and my fellow campers are wonderful people, but I do worry that Mr Wychwood and my two little ones must be beside themselves with anxiety about my whereabouts. Hopefully he has contacted the Ministry of Magic to ask for their assistance in finding me, with any luck the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad will be able to help.
My friends all know that I am never one to shy away from a new experience, so I have launched myself into camp life, and must say that I am loving it. I have been placed in a cabin with some very chatty students from Hogwarts. I'm not sure that they believed my account about really being a grown up witch who works at Gringotts - I have had a few strange looks and heard some whispering with my name in there after lights out.
I have to say that I would be sceptical too if I were in their shoes, so I am doing my best to be as normal as possible, and taking hope in the fact that mad Luna Lovegood made friends with many legendary people in the wizarding world whilst at school, including Harry Potter and Hermione Weasley (nee Granger).
Acting normal though is no mean feat, as the age reversal is playing havoc with my hormones. I have developed an irrational crush for our cabin counsellor Antonio, and find myself fantasizing about spending time alone with him, playing through my mind over and over the longed for moment of our first kiss. I am undecided about the best location and circmstances for this, it simply has to be perfect. During a midnight skinny dipping lark perhaps? Or by the dying embers of the campfire when everyone else has left for their beds? Or during a twilight stroll along the mountain brook? My heart speeds up just thinking of these possibilities, I think I may faint if this dream ever comes true! Could it?!!!
Antonio has set a task for our cabin, whose mascot is the Manticore, a fearsome magical beast with the body of a lion, tail of a scorpion, and face of a human hiding several rows of viciously sharp teeth. We are all to pretend that we have a muggle alter-ego, and make 4 statements about that alter-ego, 3 of which are true, and one of which is a lie. So here goes...
In the muggle world I am a British woman, married to my one true love, with whom I have 2 dear children, and live just 5 minutes drive from my birth-town, my wonderful parents, and my dear twin sister and her adorable family. The statements about me that you have to pick the lie from are:
1: I have never travelled outside Europe.
2: I scored 100% in a statistics exam at university.
3: I have slept in a 12th century castle.
4: I have never watched "Its A Wonderful Life".
Oh goodness, Antonio has just asked me to help make the beds, must dash...!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I think it is the one about the 100% on a statistics exam.
I'm going to guess the statistics exam is the lie.
If it's true, then hats off to you! I was never very good at math. :)
I'm going with....the lie being....never seen its a wonderful life....
I quess that it is the one about sleeping in a castle.
that's hard... but I guess the 100% in statistics is a lie, as I don't know anyone who managed to do this
first, let me say, if the statistics one is true, then I'm calling on you for help with studying for the math section of the GREs!
but my guess is the bit about It's a Wonderful Life.
LOL - You're all wrong!!
Isn't she amazing?
Okay, by process of elimination, I'll guess that you've never been outside Europe.
Well done Wisty! In fact, unlike me Lizzie has left Europe many times! She has visited America several times, and has also been to Hong Kong.
Post a Comment