Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Saturday, 12 December 2009

Letters and Packages

This week there has been another letter from Winnie, stating that she was heading to "the place where Christmas began" where it is "rather cold".  So I'm guessing that she means the North Pole... 


Every year Christmas begins with Santa setting off from here on his sleigh with Rudolph and the other reindeer and his sack full of gifts for all the good children in the world.  My own dear ones have written letters to Santa this year, which we posted just yesterday at the red letterbox next to their school bus-stop (they are too young to attend Hogwarts yet, or to use the floo network). 

And speaking of Xmas gifts, I was thrilled to see this week that my trust owl Specky had landed safely at Megaera Black's abode with the Reducio Swap package that I had the pleasure of pulling together for her.  The theme was "A Very Weasley Xmas", and so I was inspired to make a replica of Harry Potter's first ever Xmas gift from the Weasley's - an emerald green sweater.  I also knitted a Xmas Cracker - wizards love these, and of course have very special ones that go off with a loud bang and envelop everyone in smoke, and of course I knit a mini-sock which is mandatory for the swap.  I indulged my latest hobby by making some Xmas tree stitchmarkers.  On top of this, I included some Bertie Botts beans, and some incense sticks with an evergreen leaf holder.  Here's a picture of all the handmade items:


 
When Specky returned from Megaera's I had to send him off again directly with the HSKS9 package for Amethyst Aurag of the Montrose Magpies.  I hope he's okay, he was very tired.

Anyway, I have so much to do to get the Wychwood household ready for Xmas, and so little time.  I have gifts to buy, and so I must fly - accio broom!!!

No comments: