Welcome to this magical portal where the hurried jottings from my quickquill are randomly published.

Tuesday, 11 November 2008

Awesome HSKS6 Package

After a long hard day at Gringott's, where we have all been doing our best to bolster the flagging Muggle economies around the world, I arrived home to find that a Danish owl had dropped off a huge package for me from Kaae. All of a sudden I felt full of life again, excited by the prospect of what was hidden inside the enormous box. After wolfing down my dinner, I set about opening the amazing package with my wonderful little witch assisting. We both kept letting out exclamations of delight as each item was unpacked, and it seemed to just keep coming! Here is a picture of all the contents displayed on my settee, as you can see pretty much taking up all the room available... And an index of contents... Knitting stuff: Knitpicks Harmony 2.5mm DPN's - for the 2 socks at a time technique Gryffindor magic wands zipped tube Retractable measuring tape - ideal for the snitch cover I intend to make Cherry Tree Hill merino fingering weight yarn in "Moody Blues" Yarn by Kaae to knit the Mr Weasley Tie Stitch-markers galore in my favourite blues - fish, dragonfly, flower Harry Potter Puppet Pals pattern - the kids will love these! Bellatrix sock pattern - ideal for the cherry tree yarn Fawkes sock pattern - my fingers are itching to have a go Eating stuff: Chocolate frogs - filled with caramel Chocolate eggs - already consumed by my little witch and wizard! Blue toads boiled sweets - clearly to dispel my dislike of blue food! Knight bus cookies - look totally scrummy Liquorice wands Hearting stuff: Gryffindor pouch - double knitted and felted, simply gorgeous Gryffindor wizard/witch hat - wonderfully quirky! Gryffindor tree socks - perfect for filling with treats for the children Golden heart bead Golden knitted tree ornament Turkish blue bookmark Here are some close-ups of my favourite items... The Gryffindor haul - pouch bag, witches hat, tree socks. The Yarn haul - Moody Blues and Weasley Tie. The Blue haul - Turkish bookmark and stitchmarkers with lovely boxes. The Cute haul - heart bead, chocolate frog, blue toad, tree ornament. Oh, and she also included the divine little hats for SPEW which I am to pass on to my dear sister Emma Wigworthy who is the Europe co-ordinator. So thank you Kaae for an absolutely amazing package, I love it all, and love you for taking so much care over it, and being so generous with your time and money. And now I have to take it to Emma's for her to drool over, must dash...!!!

8 comments:

pren said...

wow! you are so lucky! what a fantastic package. i loooove that gryf hat.

CentyB said...

You are such a lucky witch! And Kaae is so clever :)

Queen Frysia said...

Lizzie,

Glad to see that you were completely spoiled by Kaae! She really sent a fantastic kit!

Lavender Diggory said...

WOW!! What a GREAT kit! Love the hat!

Anonymous said...

That's one heck of a package! You'll love the fawkes pattern. It's super easy and looks fab! I've done it a couple of times. It's my go-to pattern!

Hermione Bagnold said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! What an AWESOME package!!! I don't know which I'm more jealous about, though...the package or the fact that you've got someone nearby that can appreciate what you got right along with you...here, people just either roll their eyes at me or tell me I'm weird for being that into yarn...LOL

Charlotte kaae said...

Big smile from me, glad you like it, and glad that the owl finaly got it rigth.... This has been on the way not 2 but 3 times concitering that the hat was send once and the package once, both came back to mee... Im knitting the Fawkes now to my auent for x-mas, hope she likes the pattern...

YogaKnot said...

awesome kit! She really went to town knitting for you. Youre so lucky! :)

minerva wood